Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dear Faithful Blog Readers

I have been meaning to post something on here for WEEKS!! Things have been so busy and I have been so very tired, which has made it a tad difficult to keep up in the blogging world. I'll just go over the basics to catch y'all up to speed:

1) I got a job! This time it's FOR REAL! I started Monday in the front office of one of the local high schools. So far, so good- there's a lot to learn and it's a totally new environment, but I'm excited to be working again and I'm really enjoying everything so far. The best part: I work 7-3:30 and I have winter, spring and summer breaks off! Though I don't particularly delight in hearing my 5:30AM alarm, I sure love having the afternoons with Miss Sassy-Pants, and am happy to be able to easily put dinner on the table each night. Also, I can't help but be proud of myself for beating 91 applicants!

2) We were able to get Sassy-Pants into the dream daycare that I visited a few weeks ago! She started with two half days, and has been going full time since Monday. This afternoon I had to persuade her to leave, she was not happy about leaving "the girls and boys". I watched her for a few moments this afternoon and she was interacting with one of the other kids- it was so wonderful to finally see her playing with kids her own age! I can't wait to hear (and share) her stories each day. And as soon as she is potty trained, she'll start daily swim lessons!

3) We spent a week in Minnesota in February visiting family and friends- it was a blast but it went by far too quickly. I've got all kinds of pictures to post, but I'll have to save that for tommorrow's energy. It's quarter to seven and it feels like 10:00...how will I ever make it to bedtime?

4) A quick note about Handsome- he was one of only three managers that were recently selected to speak on a conference call with all of the area managing staff (50+ individuals) about his recent branch success, and goals/tips for improving in the coming months. I think that's pretty great, especially in our current economy! He is always finding new ways to impress!

That's about all the updates I can think of for now, which is good since my energy is flagging considerably! I'm hoping that after a week or two of this new schedule, I'll find some energy and get into a good, restful routine. Thanks for all who have sent their congrats on the job, it's been a long road and I'm so happy to be working again! I'll end on a ironic note- I received the job offer on the same day that we celebrated exactly one year as Oregon residents!

Bear with me as I adjust to our new schedule, until then I will be the best blogger I can be!

From Oregon,

With Love

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Congratulations on your job Kirimi!!! I am also so happy to hear that daycare is working out.

Lilli loved seeing you on your visit! OXOX

Anonymous said...

Great work on the new job :)

Mom updated me a little on your first few days and told me all about how Charlie is doing in daycare. Sounds like it's going really well and I can't wait to see you/hear all about it next weekend.

P.s. I'm not even sure I knew what crabgrass was when I made that frame! But now that I do... you can't help but admit that sometimes I've been the crabgrass in the lawn of your life!