Monday, November 24, 2008

Yeah Veggies!

I made one of my favorite casserole dishes for dinner last week, knowing that it probably wasn't going to be very well received. It's got rice, cheese (lots and lots of cheese), and chicken with rosemary...SO GOOD! It has another ingredient that my husband REFUSES to eat and my daughter has always spit back out. I can disguise any way I want, they aren't fooled. I, on the other hand, could live off this stuff...it was my #1 craving while I was pregnant!

BROCCOLI.

Who doesn't love broccoli?! I'll eat it raw, cooked, plain, with cheese...doesn't matter to me. It's good stuff! Anyway, I made this casserole to feed my family knowing they probably wouldn't eat it anyway...but I didn't care, I NEVER get to eat broccoli!

I dished up a plate for Sassy-pants and sent a prayer to the vegetable gods. At first she seemed to be avoiding the green stuff, but she finally took a bite (might have been by accident). She stopped chewing and looked at me...

"What's this Mommy?"

"It's broccoli, sweetheart. Broccoli is good!"

"Ohh...okay. Yeah! Broccoli is GOOD! It's really REALLY GOOD!"

She finished her whole plate. She asked for seconds. She couldn't stop talking about how GOOD the broccoli was. I had to get it on video.

It cracked me up and I had to share :-) Oh and Handsome tried the casserole when he got home from work. He dished up and I got him something to drink. He dumped all the broccoli while my back was turned. Such a baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon used to eat green vegetables because "They gave him muscles". He grew up and knew that was a good line for mom to use to get him to eat a few veggies. Oh Jon, they really are good for you. Love you all. Mom

Sweet Shibui Photography said...

It's hilarious. What a funny, funny girl!!

Natasha said...

Oh that video is so cute I had to watch it a couple of times!!

Natasha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.