Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving thanks for a great Thanksgiving!

WHAT a Thanksgiving it was this year! I just don't even know where to start! We certainly had a full house- 8 of us crammed into our tiny house for five days, and we had 9 total for Thanksgiving dinner. We had a fantastic meal cooked in my very own kitchen (this is a first for my little family). It was a wonderful weekend of food, games, Christmas movies and fun.

The highlight of my weekend was absolutely the surprise guest who appeared on my front porch- my BEST FRIEND (slash cousin), flown all the way in from Minnesota! How my parents managed to keep her visit a secret for two months is beyond me, but I couldn't have asked for a better surprise!

I handled the surprise quite well, pictures coming soon...once the tears subsided and my breathing returned to normal, we kicked off a holiday weekend like no other! We feasted on a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, ham and cheesy potatoes on Friday and a Mexican Fiesta on Saturday! In true Kirimi-Tricia fashion, we even managed to eat out in the midst of these feasts- twice in one day! We actually went from one restaurant to the next, which is oddly not that unusual for us :-)

We played all the usual games- Cranium, Apples to Apples, Bananagrams and a couple of card games...we watched a half dozen different Christmas movies and even snuck in a photo session in the park while we had the master photographer on hand. Here's a sneak peek picture:



Overall it was one of the best Thanksgiving celebrations I've ever had and I can't believe how fast it went. This weekend reminded me of how thankful I am for such a wonderful family. I'm also thankful for the beautiful weather we had, the delicious food and the fact that we had an abundance of leftovers to share amongst ourselves all weekend. I am also INCREDIBLY thankful for our new dishwasher- kudos to Handsome, Mr. Money and my dad for sucessfully installing it just in time for Thanksgiving dishes :-)

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as fun-filled as mine, and I'm looking forward to Christmas (though I'm still sitting here willing my calendar to turn back a few weeks...is it REALLY December?!)

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!
-Lisa

Sweet Shibui Photography said...

I agree! I can't believe how fast it all went...what the heck. Good times though. I was rocking out to Bohemian Rhapsody this morning, but it just wasn't the same without Greg... :-(