Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trees, trees, trees and cookies.

We're pretty much all set for Christmas (we better be, did you know it's NEXT WEEK?!) so I thought I would take some pictures of the fruits of our labor. (Side note- half these pictures are not actually the fruits of MY labor, but that of my mom's). I just wanted to show off her beautiful trees since my goal is to someday have as many trees as she does (six, not counting the little lighted one outside with the reindeer).

I have two this year...maybe I'll add one each year.

Our big tree:


This little guy is usually on the front porch, but he got cold:



One of six trees at mom's house- this one is flocked with fake snow, though it's hard to see here:


This is my favorite tree:


A close shot of my favorite tree:


The table top tree in my room:



The "American Girl" tree:



The "scary lights" tree...LEDs aren't always the way to go...


And the 11 footer! My dad, Handsome and I picked this guy out ourselves and had a fantastic time getting it inside (note the subtle sarcasm). The boys did the lights, which was also no picnic.


While the boys cursed over broken light bulbs, the girls made these tasty creations:


Our best batch ever!


There is snow in the forecast for the weekend, so I think I might use my indoor time to destroy the kitchen with sprinkles and food coloring. It's been an interesting winter so far, I forgot how things shut down on the West Coast when there is even a whispering chance of snow! Having spent six winters in Minnesota, it's hard not to chuckle when snow hits here and panic sets in. It sure is making us feel at home with some white stuff on the ground though!
-
If I can slip slide my way across the street, I'll snap a picture of the house with our Christmas lights up...it looks very festive!
-
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, those are some amazing trees. I can't believe your mom has SIX trees! That's so much work... love the "American Girl" tree.

You can HAVE some of our snow. I will give it to you. I though it was finally done... our shoveling was clear for a couple of hours... AND NOW IT'S SNOWING AGAIN. Grrrrr.
-Lisa