Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Wonderland

We are still enjoying Mother Nature's wintery goodness, and we just heard this morning that another 2-3 inches are coming tommorrow morning. I've really enjoyed it and we've been taking advantage of the snow every chance we get. We were goofing around outside well after Sassy-pants's bedtime last night.

This is the most interesting snowstorm I've ever seen out here...having grown up on the West Coast, I'm used to getting small amounts of snow and watching it disappear again in a matter of hours. These past few days I have been waking up every morning prepared to look outside and see green grass, but all I see is more snow!

While I am really enjoying all this white stuff, it is seriously jeopardizing our chances of making a Christmas Eve drive to Washington as planned. I am so hoping that the main roads will be clear enough by tommorrow afternoon but only time will tell. In the meantime, I'm thankful that we are safe and warm here at home, and not one of the hundreds of bus, plane and train passengers stranded along the coast.

I've been a little camera happy with all this snow around, so here are another handful of my favorite shots around the neighborhood:

Before and after of our tree...it shrunk!

Snow does pretty things to trees:

Ice does NOT...this poor guy is barely hanging on:


"Mommy and me" snow angels:

Handsome and Sassy-pants:


I think she's praying to the snow gods:
Loving the snow STILL:
Finally got a decent shot of the house. There's a sidewalk in there somewhere...
Stay tuned, more posts to come soon! Being stranded at home and unable to get my Christmas shopping done has providing me with plenty of time to think of things to post. Be on the lookout for more of our family Christmas pictures, photos of homemade Christmas gifts, some interesting family factoids I've recently run across and (thanks to Lisa), a "Rants and Raves" post.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Aww, I'm glad you have some decent snow to play in. :) And I eagerly await more posts. :)
-Lisa