Thursday, January 8, 2009

Are you there readers? It's me, Kirimi.

Remember that time I promised lots and lots of posts because I had so many ideas and things to share and I was stuck at home and had all that time to post things and then I never did?

Remember?

Well please excuse the time lapse occuring between posts here, but you'll be happy to know that this girl is back online and ready to blog!
I think I'll use this post to share a little about our holiday season, which was wonderful. We certainly missed being near our friends and family in Minnesota, but it was an enjoyable holiday nonetheless. We drove up to my parents in the snow on Christmas Eve, which was a slow and slippery drive. We were thankful to arrive safely and thoroughly enjoyed Christmas with neighborhood friends and family.

Handsome had to drive back down for work the day after Christmas, so Sassy-pants and I stayed behind and spent some time with my family. We shopped until we dropped, wined and dined and just enjoyed each other's company.

New Year's Eve was spent with the usual neighborhood crowd at my parent's house. There were about 20 of us total, and enough food and drink to satisfy a small country. Handsome made the drive up again New Year's Eve night, but because of his late work schedule, didn't make it until 12:10am. Lucky for us, it was just an excuse to continue the New Year's Eve celebration until the early morning hours!

After a New Year's Day fondue dinner, we spent the rest of the weekend staying up way too late and squeezing every last drop out of our mini vacation. It was hard to leave, but our bodies needed rest and regular schedules again.

I've spent the last couple of days putting away our Christmas decorations and returning the house to it's normal organized and clutter free state. I think I'm finally back to a normal sleep schedule, and ready to dive into the new year! And yes, I realize we're on day eight already. No laughing.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from this season, and now that we're all caught up, I PROMISE to keep this thing updated!

These next three are a few of my favorite photos from our holiday/family photo session:



This one makes me smile:


This one is going on the wall:
Mom and Dad's Christmas card:
And a few from New Year's Eve:
The most fabulous crabcakes ever made (just one of MANY tasty appetizers):


Having fun with sparklers:


My favorite neighborhood ladies:

The 'hood:

Happy New Year to all!

From Oregon,
With Love

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh Kirimi- how fun, seeing the inside of your parents house brings back such fun memories, lest of which the most narley potato gun I have ever witnessed!!! WB

Lisa said...

Excellent, it was totally time for an update. :) I think we were both on Eastside at the same time for a day or so there... maybe one day, we'll meet again. :)
-Lisa