Friday, January 30, 2009

Rocking out to...



Sassy-pants LOVES music. Like, LOVES it. I can barely get my seatbelt on in the car before a little voice shouts from the back seat, "Turn the music on please!"

And the only volume level acceptable to her is the "the people in the car next to us can actually feel this song" level. Of course, I don't allow the music to be quite that loud, for the sake of our eardrums, and those around us.

She likes just about any type of music, specifically soundtracks to her favorite movies. "Sugar Sugar" came on the radio the other day and I swear, two beats into the song (before I was even aware that the previous song has ended) she shouted "Mommy it's Bee Movie!"

We have a pretty wide range of music that is acceptable for a toddler to bop along to, but I do try to keep her music selection aimed towards kid's cds. Unfortunately, this means that I am constantly subjected to various renditions of "Twinkle Twinkle" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and particularly mind numbing versions of "Mary Had a Little Lamb ". And don't get me started on "It's a Small World".

Thanks to my parents (er, maybe it was Santa Clause) we are now the proud owners of "That Baby CD", which is actually pretty enjoyable! It does have it's slightly cheesy tracks, but overall I don't mind listening to this one. Maybe that's because rather than hearing "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Puff the Magic Dragon", I am treated to acoustic versions of songs by Neil Diamond, The Pretenders and Fleetwood Mac. There's even a song originally written by Jonny Lang (one of my favorite young Blues artists). Definitely a must if you are getting tired of the same old kid's songs.

Kudos to "That Baby CD", my eardrums thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Kudos to you, Miss Courthouse!

When are you going to blog about this?!