Monday, January 19, 2009

Rant & Rave

I've been struggling with an idea for a post for a while now and remembered that while ago a friend posted something that I've been meaning to try myself. Apparently the Seattle newspaper has a section called "Rant and Rave" where people send in one or the other to share. They're fun to read and easy to think of, so here goes...

Rave: Pandora Internet Radio. For those who haven't heard of it, go to http://pandora.com/. You can search for an artist or particular song, and Pandora will play music by that artist and other similar ones. It's an awesome way to hear new music! Being a big Jack Johnson fan, I created a listening station with his music, where I heard great new music by Donovan Frankenreiter, Dispatch and Brett Dennen. I have a bunch of different radio stations to choose from depending on my mood and I've really widened my music collection. Check it out!

Rant: Potty training is the devil. It makes me want to tear my hair out. Sassy-pants and I have had an endless number of conversations about how big girls go potty in the toilet, we watched Elmo's Potty Time until my brain went numb, and we LOVE getting stickers and other treats when we do sit on the potty. Things haven't improved at all since my last potty training rant, which you can read all about here. We're doing everything the way the books tell us to, taking all the advice we can get...and we are getting NOWHERE.

Rave: I love love LOVE waking up in the middle of the night feeling extra sleepy and dreading looking at the clock, only to find out that I've only been asleep for an hour. It's a FANTASTIC feeling knowing that I have almost a whole night's sleep ahead of me yet!

Rant: People who leave their trash cans out for days after the truck comes by. I've noticed that one neighbor in particular has made their empty trash can a permanent feature of our sidewalk, which is so lovely to see every time I look out the window. I realize that dragging an empty plastic bin on wheels from the end of the driveway to the house is really quite physically demanding...what can I do to make it easier for you?

Rave: Coupons. Coupons are awesome. They are a total pain to clip out, organize and actually REMEMBER to use, and I'll be honest- being in line at the grocery store behind the lady with seventeen hundred coupons and a coin purse is truly maddening...but man, it's nice to save money! For instance, I found two coupons for a hair salon near our house- one for a free haircut (which Handsome used this past weekend, and his hair has never looked better!) and another for a haircut and color for just $35 (which I will be using in two weeks! yahoo!). If you've ever had your hair colored, you know this is a SWEET deal. Go ahead, be jealous.

Well there you have it...I don't think I could have been more sporadic with this post, but those are truly the first things that came to my mind.

What are your Rants and Raves?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome. That is an excellent blog addition and I completely agree about the trash cans. It's particularly annoying when there's huge snow berms and so the trash cans are basically in the street, in the way. One day, I'm going to run them over...
-Lisa

Sweet Shibui Photography said...

I have to admit. I totally stalk you. It's super. Why is it so entertaining to read other people's blogs? Some people are obsessed with reality tv or gossip magazines. Not me. Stick me in front of my computer and shoot me some random blogspots and I'm happy for hours. Possibly days. I'll have to try that sometime.