Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dear Verizon

I am interested in bundling my home phone, internet and cable television services with Verizon Wireless and have questions regarding pricing, installation, etc. I called the customer service phone number for Oregon and used the automated service to connect to someone who could answer my questions. That was 1 hour 40 minutes ago and I am still on hold.

I have tried to get this information online, but when I enter my home address, your site says the address "has been standardized according to the U.S. Postal Service records", which is a completely different street and city then my address. This makes it impossible for me to move forward on the site to have my questions answered accurately. I literally entered my address with one pointer finger, one…key…at…a…time, MULTIPLE times, just to make sure I wasn’t doing it wrong. I even asked my husband to confirm our address in case I was suffering from some kind of brain damage. And every time, it told me I was wrong.

I have even tried finding service information with the "corrected address", only to have it corrected again before it allows me to continue. This is pointless because it doesn't even resemble my actual address. On that note I have used websites such as Mapquest before, which also correct the address before showing results, and I have never run into a problem with this particular address.

Furthermore, after completing this online inquiry, I tried to send it, only to see that the "State" drop down menu had no states listed, which made it impossible for me to submit my email. I started the process of contacting Verizon via email again, choosing different settings before it finally gave me the option of choosing my state.

I was originally interested in Verizon services only because it would save me about $10 per month, which after nearly two hours on hold and countless tries obtaining the information online, is not looking worthwhile. Like, not even a little bit.

Needless to say I am extremely displeased to have lost two hours of my day just trying to get information on your product, and can say that I have never been more frustrated by a company’s lack of customer service and technical support. And that hold music? Appalling.

Regardless, if there is anyone available to email or call me with the information I need, I’m cheap enough that I’d still like to hear about it. I better get some extra channels out of this deal though…but not ESPN2 or ESPN News or ESPN Classics. One sports channel is enough.

I can’t promise that I’ll forgive you for sucking at customer service though…in fact, as soon as I get this kink out of my neck and stop humming your incredibly mind-numbing hold song, I may actually call my buddies over at Comcast to see if they can get me a better deal. Or a deal at all, since I still don’t actually know what you guys cost.

Thanks for wasting my cell minutes,

Ms. Irate

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooooh. I HATE verizon, even though I use them, mainly because any time we want to make any changes to our plan (which is the cheapest possible plan) it informs us that they "don't have that plan anymore" and that a new one will cost even more money. JERKS. I hate comcast even more though, because they do the same damn thing.
-Lisa

Sweet Shibui Photography said...

That sucks. I hate dealing with any companies like that. I'm working with a publishing house that doesn't have a listed phone number. I came across a serious issue and needed to talk to someone faster than email, so I searched and found a number. Ha-when you call, they give you an email address as that will reach them faster. Sweet idea. What happen to quality service at an affordable price? Feeling your pain!!!

Sarah said...

Try Qwest if you aren't already set up with Verizon or Comcast - it's cheaper and has much better service. We have to use a satellite to get internet and tv out here and I hate it.

sem